Tuesday, July 22, 2014

'Nite 'nite Cuddles, sleep well.

Our little Cuddlepie passed away this morning. Her friend Hazel was sitting quietly by her side when I went out to unlock their hutch and give them breakfast.
We buried her in the front garden alongside her sister Snugglepot and niece Mary.
This afternoon the girls and I devoted our Poetry Tea Time to Cuddlepie and wrote some poems for her.

Cuddles by the Snork Maiden

Soft, friendly, happy
Beautiful and full of life
Run little Cuddles!  Into the night.


How I love Cuddlepie.
by Moomintroll

Cute, pinecone-y,
Eyes turn red in the light.
It's like hugging a fluffy ball.
Talking to her; when she squeals
I try to make her feel safe.
Feeding her celery, broccoli, cucumber,carrots, 
capsicum, lettuce on the couch.
Runs alot, squeals alot,
Hides alot, plays alot,
And eats alot.
I'm very much sad that she's gone.


Cuddlepie
by Moominmamma

Long ropy white hair
Scuttling and darting for cover.
Lady-like, affable
Measured and precise with her words
Secret, calm and peaceful.
A hairy pancake on my lap
Spreading outwards.




No comments:

Post a Comment