Tuesday, August 30, 2011

An uninvited guest

This beautiful but very stressed out kookaburra became stuck on our deck one morning. I'm glad the dogs were indoors at that time or it could have ended badly for the kookaburra!
There must be a nest nearby because we hear them everyday now somewhere over our back fence.

Some other strange looking people showed up too, and they were wearing my clothes! The sad thing is that the clothes looked better on them than on me.  P's wardrobe got raided as well.




I remember dressing up like this when I was young and loving the feeling it gave me. I particularly liked dressing up as an old man with a pipe.  Looking back I don't know why I enjoyed it so.  Why do kids want to grow up so fast?

The girls have been accompanying us to The Sound Of Music rehearsals. It's nice to hear them singing along while we play. Last Sunday they discovered that if they stayed in the kitchen after our tea break instead of coming back to the rehearsal room, they get to polish off all the yummy snacks!

On Saturday while I was having forty winks, the girls busied themselves finishing off the canvasses they'd been working on over the past weeks.  Much laughing and giggling and whispering went on just outside my bedroom window and here are the final masterpieces which are hanging in our entranceway:

H's painting
R's painting

Yesterday saw the inaugural and highly anticipated meeting of the Sewing Club. As I've never attempted to teach other people's kids how to sew, we made sure the club was small (3 girls) to begin with. As I reflect on the experience I have decided that the club is more than big enough!
The girls began making notepad/pencil rolls and they did pretty well considering they had little handsewing experience.



Funny how they all picked the same way to decorate the outside...
Our next meeting should see them finishing off their rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment