Sunday, February 20, 2011

IYC 2011

We've just discovered that this year is the International Year of Chemistry.  P is very happy of course, and so will the girls be when we revisit our old friend the Periodic Table.  We have found lots of fun stuff to look at and work on, including a Periodic Table quiz here and loads of great element videos here and on YouTube like this one:


I've been feeling that we're just a bit biased towards the sciences, so last week R worked hard at her Headsprout reading and we started some maths using the MAB blocks which surprised her a little as she thinks they are for building houses for her Sylvannian Families!


H read some library books and wrote two acrostic poems entitled "Pig" and "Dance" using this site.
I busied myself sewing some more sandwich wraps which I will list in my new Madeit store as soon as I can.
This coming week P will be away all week on camp so us girls have decided to start decorating the cubby to keep it as spider free as we can. Yesterday we picked our own apples through the cubby window - what joy!  And our tomato plant has wee green tomatoes growing too :)

I managed to identify the lovely spider we found at the apple orchard. She (I think she is female as she was quite big)  is a Garden Orb Weaver aka Eriophora transmarina.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your posts today. No wonder you knew what that spider at our place was!

    ReplyDelete