Monday, February 7, 2011

Out of the blue.


Wonderful things happen when you least expect it.  The other day I picked up this book from the library for no other reason than it looked like a bit of fun at bedtime.  After reading through the very funny limericks with H the next day I made up my own.  She was amazed that I could do it so easily. Such admiration in her eyes - I felt like a SuperMama!  Tentatively, she had a go at composing her own. The glow of adoration flickered, then died. No more SuperMama :(
Half an hour later and with a little help she had two pages of limericks under her belt. Work is underway to make them into a book.  She is quite excited at the prospect of being a published poet.

Tonight while P was helping the girls with their evening toilette, I started this:






I can crochet! I have been struggling with crochet for some time now, never understanding those confusing instructions.  Tonight something snapped in me. "To Hell with instructions!" I cried, and promptly crocheted.  I don't know what it is.  It may become  a very useful cloth to wash dishes with.


a picture of Sniff - just because she's sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment